Privacy and Information Security Policy
Privacy and Information Security Policy of Mangosoft, Inc.
Mangosoft, Inc. ("Mangosoft") is committed to safeguarding your online privacy
with respect to the personally identifiable information that Mangosoft may obtain
from you at the www.mangosoft.com web
your online privacy, including what personally identifiable information we may
obtain from you and how it will be used and protected. Mangosoft may from time
Privacy and the MangomindSM Service
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF THE INFORMATION AND FILES STORED ON THE MANGOMIND SERVICE?
Mangomind has been designed to offer the best-in-class security architecture by strong encryption applied exclusively at the client in combination with world-class challenge/response authentication.
Data you place on the Mangomind service is encrypted before it leaves your computer.
This data remains encrypted on the servers and is not accessible in any decrypted form to Mangosoft or anyone with access to the Mangomind servers.
Then, only after it is downloaded by you or those you specifically invite to access your Mangomind drives is it ever decrypted.
We believe that Mangomind is so secure that information and files you place on the Mangomind service just as secure, if not more secure, than the data stored on servers in your private LANs.
Mangomind's connection authentication and data encryption components are described briefly here. For a more thorough description, please see the
Mangomind Security White Paper.
- Connection Authentication. When a Mangomind client computer connects to the Mangomind server, Connection Authentication validates that both are who they say they are. This means that someone else cannot pretend to be a Mangomind server, tricking your Mangomind software into sending it your data. And vice-versa -- no Mangomind client that you haven't invited to the drive can trick a Mangomind server into sending it your data. This authentication is performed through a challenge/response protocol using the RSA Public/Private key pairs of both parties. Every new connection made must successfully complete the challenge protocol.
- Data Encryption. Mangomind encrypts your data using RSA 128 bit RC5 data encryption keys. Your data is encrypted with these keys on your Mangomind client just before it is sent on the wire to the Mangomind server. Once on the server, it remains encrypted. At no point after leaving your computer can anyone view the clear text version of your files. Most importantly, we employ a unique encryption key management system so that the usable keys are only available on the client machines. Only the client computer can download and then decrypt the data. Since the usable keys are not available anywhere on the server, no one can view your data by looking at the data contained there. Even the names of your files are changed on the server to meaningless strings so as not to hint at their contents.
Privacy and the Mangosoft Web Sites
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon visiting our Web Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational
content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally
However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
- If you purchase products on our Web Site, we will ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, password, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone
- If you use the Mangomind service, we will ask that you provide us with your name, password, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- If you want to enter any contests or promotions sponsored by us [or by one of our business partners], we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name and e-mail address, although you can choose not to have your name and/or e-mail address submitted to us. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve
your experience on our Web Site generally as well as provide you
with customized, personalization services and interactive communications.
- We may from time to time send you e-mails regarding our Web Site and special promotions. Also, we occasionally may send you direct mail about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use your financial information (e.g., your credit card number) only to verify your credit and to bill you for products purchased on our Web Site. We also use your contact information as necessary to send you the products that you have purchased on our Web Site.
- When you enter any contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered on our Web Site. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate without any of your personally identifiable information.
- We may research the demographics, interests and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us upon registration, during promotions and contests, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF MANGOSOFT'S PARTNERS
Third parties that have links on our Web Site may collect personally identifiable
information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices
of such sites and the practices of these sites are not governed by this Privacy
Policy. If you have questions about the privacy policies or practices of a third
party site, you should contact the site administrator or web-master of the specific
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
No, as a general rule, we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information
to any one. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable
information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein),
you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will
have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time
rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your
personally identifiable information.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information
except when we have your permission to do so or under some special
circumstances described below.
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions will become the joint property of Mangosoft and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- Under confidentiality agreements, we may match user information with third party data. We also may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the User Terms and Conditions, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of Mangosoft or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires disclosure.
Cookies enable us to customize and personalize your experience
on our Web Site, including the products and promotions that are
offered to you. Essentially, a cookie is a small amount of data
that is sent to your browser from a web server and is stored on
in connection with the operation of our Web Site.
DO YOU HAVE CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES?
Yes, you have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser
preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject
all cookies. However, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able
to participate in promotions, or purchase any products or services, offered by
us if registration is a requirement of participation or purchase.
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You may edit your personally identifiable information and your password at any
time by filling out our Information Request Form
and describing the changes to be made.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION POSTED
TO OUR WEB SITES?
We have also taken steps to help protect the integrity of your personal financial
information when you complete a purchase transaction on our Web Site. Specifically,
we use VeriSign and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to facilitate confidential
online business transactions. VeriSign and SSL help prevent your credit card number,
name, address and telephone number from being read by unauthorized persons as
this information is transmitted over the Internet. Also, we transfer your personal
information to our secure server as soon as we receive your order.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?
It is important to remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose
personal information on-line, your information can be collected
and used by others. If you transmit or post personal information
on-line that is accessible to others, you will not be able to control
how that information is used by others. When we receive the transmitted
information, we will use the procedures summarized in this Privacy
Policy to ensure the integrity and security of that information
in our systems. Unfortunately, notwithstanding any of the steps
taken by us, it is not possible to guarantee the security and integrity
of data transmitted over the Internet. Consequently, while we take
the above-described reasonable steps to protect your personal information,
we cannot and do not warrant the security or integrity of any information
you transmit to us when registering for our Web Site or otherwise.
All such transmission of information is at your own risk. Moreover,
though we are committed to having our Web Site comply with this
secrecy of your password and your personally identifiable information.
If you are careless with your password, or you decide to share your
password with third parties, you must be aware of the risk that
such third parties will have access to all your personally identifiable
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices
of our Web Site, you can do so through our Information Request Form.